ColomboSky is a dynamic company supported by ESA incubation programme developing satellite-based water quality monitoring services aiming at improving the performance of aquaculture production. Thanks to the possibility of measuring and forecasting a wide range of ocean parameters over large spatial scales, ColomboSky is building a powerful platform for the effective management of environmental risks that can impair fish farms productivity.
As an Earth Observation (EO) data science engineer, you will collaborate on international projects in the field of EO and on the development of ColomboSky products. We are looking for an eclectic developer that can apply machine learning techniques to satellite images and ocean modelling. You will also be involved in the development of satellite onboard processing techniques that can leverage machine learning, signal processing and computer vision.
- To develop machine and deep learning SW applied to remote sensing data
- To develop the onboard SW application for satellite optical systems
- To work with ColomboSky team to build the most advanced products for marine science using remote sensing data
- To support product design and requirements definition in EO projects
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Master Degree in Computer Science or Telecommunication Engineering
- At least 2 years of active SW coding (C/C++, Python)
- Knowledge of SW versioning tools and methods
- Knowledge of optical remote sensing (e.g., data from Copernicus Program), signal processing, digital image compression
- Experience in using and developing rest APIs
- Good knowledge of the English language for the working environment
- Good communication and team-working skills
- Enthusiasm, flexibility and self-motivation
What we offer:
- Full time, 40 hours/week
- Salary commensurate with your experience
- Flexible working time and informal working environment
- Challenging and exciting work
Office-based in Rome (European Space Agency’s Business Incubation Centre) or home-based.
For additional information or for applying, please send an email with your CV and cover letter to email@example.com