ColomboSky is a fresh and dynamic company supported by ESA incubation programme developing satellite-based water quality monitoring services aiming at improving the performance of aquaculture production. Thanks to the possibility of measuring and forecasting a wide range of ocean parameters over large spatial scales, ColomboSky is building a powerful platform for the effective management of environmental risks that can impair fish farms productivity.
As a Data scientist you will work with our tech team in the development of the Company products and you will be in charge of applying the most recent machine learning techniques using satellite images and theoretical models. Together with the technical team, you will focus on building an automated pipeline for water quality assessment and other applications for the aquaculture industry (algal bloom detection, sea surface temperature estimation, aquaculture plants detection, etc.).
- Comfortable programming in Python and analysing big dataset
- Experience with classification, regression and change detection methods
- Knowledge of scikit-learn and/or tensorflow libraries or similar
- Experience with temporal series analysis and prediction
- Experience using multispectral optical remote sensing data
- Experience integrating theoretical models with remote sensing datasets
- Experience in data fusion using geospatial data
We would love to meet someone who:
- Is passionate for learning new skills and technologies
- Enjoys the challenge of working with large datasets
- Want to help us to save the oceans!
What we offer:
- Salary commensurate with your experience
- Young but experienced and passionate team
- Flexible working time and informal working environment
- Challenging and exciting work
The place of work can be either Verona or in Rome, in our office in the European Space Agency’s Business Incubation Center.
Send us a message saying hello to firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to meet us or if you want to know more about us.
If you are interested in the position, send us your CV as well 🙂